Tuesday 5 June 2012

Diamond Jubilee Weekend

Evening ladies!

As I write this, there is water trickling down my window after being wonderful enough to hold out for the last couple of days. In true British style, it starts to rain as soon as the last of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations end. Alas, what can we do?

Over the last couple of days many of us have witnessed the great celebrations taking part all over the country as Great Britain celebrates 60 years of Queen Elizabeth II. Various celebrations have taken place in London as well as numerous Street Parties across the UK. The Union Jack has been printed into our minds so that we see it whether its there or not due to the vigorous waving of the flag by British citizens. And once again, the UK comes together to celebrate a joyous event that will be marked down in history. This ladies, is the true greatness of Britain as we celebrate the Diamond Jubilee.










Thousands gathered to watch stars like JLS, Cheryl, Gary Barlow, Jessie J, Ed Sheeran, Will.I.Am and Stevie Wonder perform for Her Majesty and The Royal Family. Mr Gary Barlow did an incredible job organising the whole event, which went as smoothly as anyone could have asked for. At the end of the night, a spectacle of fireworks illuminated the sky in a collision of over 5000 fireworks. 

This for me was the highlight of the 4 day weekend and is what I had been looking forward to for a while. The artists that performed were amazing and the fireworks at the end were incredible. This weekend has been amazing as the nation came together to celebrate 6 decades of The Queen ruling this country, and has honestly made me so proud to be British!




I leave you with these last images, which are my own edits of a picture from yesterday of JLS with Cheryl and Ed. I hope everyone in the UK and all around the world enjoyed last night's concert as much as I did. If you would like to watch any of the Diamond Jubilee Specials which have been on TV this long weekend then you can watch them here, which is also where you can watch last night's concert if anyone missed it.

Take care beautifuls, and I will talk to you all very soon.
Lots of love,
Fahmida x

3 comments:

  1. saw some of the concert on tv!

    it was really amazing!!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fantastic event! Some gorgeous outfits!

    I'm your newest follower, hope you will return the favour, Thank you!

    http://laurasallmadeupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for another essential article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a complete way of writing ? I have a presentation incoming week, and I am on the lookout for such information.

    bad credit cash advance

    ReplyDelete